The Gauntlet Board of Directors is hiring for two student-at-large positions.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Board Chair: email@example.com. Deadline for applications is Monday, November 25.
- Be available for monthly board meetings as well as the annual AGM in April;
- Ensure that the Society complies with all requirements of the Act;
- Carry out and fulfill the objects of the Society;
- Ensure that the provisions of the Bylaws are observed and performed;
- Make, adopt and enforce policies, rules and regulations consistent with the Objects and Bylaws of the Society;
- Ensure that all requisite financial statements and or audits of the Society are performed and prepared; and
- Approve a fiscally responsible operating budget for the current or forthcoming fiscal year of the Society by June 30 as prepared by the Business Manager.
- Is the board responsible for editorial content?
- No, the board does not deal with editorial content. It exists to make sure that the Society as a whole is being kept fiscally and ethically accountable.
- How many hours does the position entail?
- Roughly 1-2 hours a month. We meet once every month for a board meeting and call special meetings when a grievance is filed.
- Is it okay if I miss a board meeting?
- Yes, you can miss a board meeting due to an extraneous circumstance.
- Is this a paid position or volunteer?
- Like most boards, this is a volunteer position and you can’t write or create content for the Gauntlet while holding a student-at-large position.