Graphic by Mackenzie Ashcroft

SU Stress Less event features fun wellness activities for students 

By Eula Mengullo, November 28 2022

Stress is ramping up as students race to the final sprint of the semester. From November 28 to December 2, the Students’ Union (SU) will be hosting Stress Less — a week-long series of wellness activities — to help students decompress as they make their way to finals season.

In an interview with the Gauntlet, Faculty of Arts representative Rachel Cabalteja discusses the importance of taking the time for wellness during a hectic time in the semester.

“[Stress Less] provides [students] the opportunity to just take a breath and recuperate,” said Cabalteja. 

Given the quick transition from midterms to finals season, Cabalteja talks about how Stress Less provides a brief period of tranquillity for students by engaging in some fun activities.

“It’s a series of fun events to really help lower the stress [on students] coming out of midterms and heading into finals,” said Cabalteja. “November is a super stressful time, so any way we can mitigate that is what we’re trying to do.”

Stress Less is a drop-in event with no sign-up requirements prior. The activities are low commitment and students are encouraged to take part in any activity they would like to participate in. 

The week-long event features activities such as aromatherapy, pet therapy, meditation, painting, yoga, some bracelet and key-chain making and much more. 

Cabalteja encourages students to drop in and participate in as many activities as they might find interesting. 

Stress Less activities will be held in the North Courtyard of Mac Hall every day this week from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Pet Therapy will also be held in That Empty Space from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. on Monday and Friday. For a full schedule of events, students can visit the SU website

For additional wellness activities, the SU also has a Mental Health Guide that students can download. This guide compiles a series of quick mindfulness practices to help students alleviate the pressures of the semester while also featuring some additional resources that they can access.

For more information about Stress Less and the activities they will be hosting, visit the SU website