Date Night: Rad beats and sweet treats this October

By Nikayla Goddard, October 18 2016 —

Known for the rolled ice cream trend that is gaining momentum on social media, a date at Sweet Tooth Ice Cream would be the sweetest thing. The restaurant is relatively new to Calgary’s culinary scene and is open from 12:00–10:00 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays and noon to midnight Fridays and Saturdays. It’s a perfect and cheap way to treat both you and your date.

If music is more the mood, Café Koi will host Hip-Hop Halloween. Come jam out to rad beats and decorate a pumpkin with your date on Oct. 26 at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $20 per person and include a beverage.

To those who wish to give into the dark side, there is One-Man Star Wars Trilogy. Bring your date to the Pumphouse Theatre to watch Charles Ross tell the classic series in just 60 minutes, reenacting all the famous scenes — including battles — by himself. The show runs Oct. 18–29 and showtimes vary.

Lastly, impress your partner with a glass of wine and painting lessons at the Vin Gogh Paint Studio. Lessons are two-hour artist-guided sessions and patrons are encouraged to be artistic while sipping on a beverage — alcoholic or not — of their choosing. The program invites participants 18 years and older Tuesday to Saturday 5:30 p.m.–10:00 p.m. and is open to children on Saturday from 10:30 a.m–1:30 p.m.